Data protection declaration – valid for Industrial Tube
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the data controller is
Bilfinger Digital Next GmbH
Langer Anger 3-5
Data Privacy Contact
Corporate Data Privacy
Bilfinger Customer Privacy Information:
We are happy you have decided to use Industrial Tube. We take the protection of your right to privacy very seriously. We would therefore like to inform you below what data is collected, in what scope and for what purposes it is collected and applied when you use Industrial Tube.
Industrial Tube is a digital product from Bilfinger Digital Next GmbH for the creation, storage and distribution of knowledge in video format. The product Industrial Tube was developed to record and preserve expert knowledge and process expertise, to document this knowledge over the long term and to distribute it.
At this central contact point for expertise, experience in the commercial-technical area as well as in administration can be shared with the help of videos.
Industrial Tube consists of these elements:
Industrial Tube Enterprise Version:
The closed knowledge platform for companies which, after appropriate log-in, can make company-owned explanatory and learning videos by employees for employees available in closed areas.
An Industrial Tube Recording App will be added to the Industrial Tube Enterprise Version. With the Industrial Tube recording app, individual work steps for a particular job are filmed with simple, step-by-step instructions from logged-in users. Once recording is completed, the finished video is uploaded to the customer-specific Industrial Tube Enterprise Portal and automatically enriched with multi-lingual subtitles and key words.
Industrial Tube Public Version: The open knowledge platform for the industry with access to explanatory and learning videos from the industry. This videos are provided by well-known manufacturers and producers. Logged-in customers of the Industrial Tube Enterprise Version receive access to these videos.
You are not obligated to make your data available to us, neither legally nor contractually. Use of Industrial Tube, however, is only possible under the conditions described here.
1. Processing of data
When you use Industrial Tube as a user, various forms of personal data is processed.
Below, we would like to explain to you what data this is, for what purpose it is processed and how long it will be processed as well as the legal basis this data processing is carried out.
1.1. Data processing when using the webserver
Regardless of which product component of Industrial Tube you use, our webserver automatically collects a range of information from you. The webserver automatically records
- your IP address,
- your geographical location,
- date, time and duration of your visit,
- the sub-pages viewed by you,
- the number of page views,
- pages that you previously visited,
- the browser you are using and its version (e.g. Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer),
- the operating system you are using (e.g. Windows 10),
- the domain name and the address of your Internet provider (e.g. 1&1).
We regularly and anonymously evaluate this data for statistical purposes (clickstream analyses), so that we can determine how our websites are used. We optimize our offering on the basis of these findings. We may also use this data in the case of system abuse in order to ascertain who is responsible. The legal basis for this data processing is therefore Article 6 Paragraph 1 Page 1 (f) of the GDPR.
If necessary, we also use this data to meet our statutory obligations (Article 6 Paragraph 1 Page 1 (c) of the GDPR). This data will be retained for a maximum of 90 days.
1.2. Data processing when using the app
When you install the app as a logged-in user, the following mobile phone identifiers are automatically transferred to us:
- device ID (ID of the app (iOS vendor ID or Android advertising ID [GAID])
- app version (clientApplicationVersion)
- app operating system version (clientOsVersion)
- IP address
- date and time of the request
- time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- content of the request (specific page)
- access status/HTTP status code
- respective volume of data transferred
- operating system and its interface
- language and version of the operating system
When using the app, this data is needed to improve its functionality (for example with regard to user-friendliness). This data is collected and processed in order to ensure the functionality of the app, to guarantee and improve its stability as well as for security reasons. The legal basis for this processing is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Page 1 (b) and (f) of the GDPR. The data is erased as soon as they are no longer necessary for the purposes mentioned previously. If an IP address is stored, it will be deleted or made anonymous after 7 days at the latest. The collection of this data, as well as the storage of the data in log files, is mandatory for the use of the app. There is therefore no possibility for the user to object.
1.3. Data processing when using the upload function
When you, as a logged-in user, upload a video in the Industrial Tube Enterprise Portal, we process the following data from you:
- First name, last name
- Business e-mail address, telephone number of business telephone
- Expanded information such as company unit or department that you belong to
- Country in which the video was recorded
- Language in which the video was recorded
- Your voice, insofar as it can be heard on the video
- Your picture, insofar as it is recognizable in the video
The processing of the data is carried out for the purposes of knowledge distribution and the exchange of knowledge within the scope of the Industrial Tube Portal (Industrial Tube Public Version or Industrial Tube Enterprise Version) and for the internal administration of the videos that are available there.
Knowledge distribution means: The video is displayed to users of Industrial Tube (Industrial Tube Public Version or Industrial Tube Enterprise Version). Likewise, the video creator can be addressed by the responsible content managers (administrators of the Industrial Tube Public Version and Industrial Tube Enterprise Version) using the first and last name and business contact information.
Internal administration of the videos means: The data is used for internal processes (including approval workflows, contact, sorting of the videos, rankings, etc.).
In addition, the forwarding of the data to third parties is conducted only to the extent that this is necessary for maintaining the operation of Industrial Tube, for example to service providers of Bilfinger Digital Next GmbH.
The use of this data is carried out exclusively with the consent of the person affected. This consent can be withdrawn at any time with effect for the future. The legal basis for this data processing is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Page 1 (a) of the GDPR.
We store this data as long as the relevant video can be accessed in Industrial Tube.
1.4. Data processing when using the ranking, reporting, commenting and contact functions
When you, as a logged-in user, comment on a video in the Industrial Tube Enterprise Portal, we process the following data from you:
- First name, last name
- Business e-mail address
- Expanded information such as company unit or department that you belong to, content of a rating, a report and, potentially, the comment made in the comment function.
The processing of the data is carried out exclusively for the purpose of enabling the commenting or establishment of contact. The legal basis for this data processing is therefore Article 6 Paragraph 1 Page 1 (f) of the GDPR.
We store data from the use of the comment function as long as the relevant video is accessible in Industrial Tube. We store data from the contact function for a maximum of 90 days.
2. Sources of data and transfer to third parties
The user administration of Industrial Tube is carried out through the IT system of your employer. In this connection, your employer transfers to us as personal data only your user name and the authorizations that are associated with your user name.
This data is processed by Bilfinger Digital Next for the sole purpose of allowing you as an employee of your company access to Industrial Tube. The processing of this personal data is based on Article 6 Paragraph 1 Page 1 (f) of the GDPR, because we have a legitimate interest in fulfilling our contract with your employer, which includes securing access to the data on Industrial Tube.
Insofar as it is necessary within the scope of the intended purpose, your data may also be transferred to third parties, in particular to service providers who support us with the provision of Industrial Tube and to other users of Industrial Tube.
3. International data transfer
The processing of data generated by our digital portal takes place on servers in European Union states or the European Economic Area (EU/EEA).
4. Your rights
Insofar as the respective statutory requirements are in place, you have the following rights in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation, which you can exercise at any time:
- Right to information about your personal data that is processed by us
- Right to correction and / or completion of incorrect or incomplete data related to you that is stored by us
- Right to deletion of your personal data
- Right to limitation of the processing of your personal data
- Right of objection to the processing of your personal data if the processing is based on Article 6 Paragraph 1 Page 1 (f) of the GDPR and you are of the opinion that you have an overriding interest in the exclusion of the processing of your personal data
- Right to withdraw a previously granted approval for the processing of your data
- Right to complain to a supervisory authority if you are of the opinion that the processing of personal data related to you violates the GDPR.
5. Contact information for the party responsible for processing
The party responsible for the data processing in accordance with the German Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
Bilfinger Digital Next GmbH, Langer Anger 3-5, 69115 Heidelberg
In the case of questions, comments or complaints, you can reach us using the following contact details.
6. Contact information of the Corporate Data Protection Officer
You can reach our Corporate Data Protection Officer at the following address:
Status: March 2020
Please note that in future this declaration may be subject to change due to legal requirements, for example.